By: Jeremi Karnell, CEO
This will be the third and final post reviewing BzzAgent’s “A Field Guide to Brand Advocates“. Last week, we covered “Your Social’s Customer’s Habitat“. Yesterday, we looked “Your Social Customer’s Behaviors“. Today, we round off the series by detailing your social customer’s motivation.
What is extremely interesting about all of the data we have reviewed to date is how different brand advocates are to the average web user as it relates to their utilization of Social Media to sharing information about your product or service. Your social customer loves “solving problems and helping others make better purchase decisions. They are 75% more likely to share a great product experience and three times more likely to share product opinions with someone they don’t know”. This sharing (likes, check-ins, reviews, ratings, etc) makes up your customer’s Interest Graph. More and more brands are effectively tapping this information to better design product and services with the objective of catering to their motivations to share great experiences.
Social Customer Motivations
Sharing Product Information and Looking for New Things to Share
- Like to be seen as thought leaders
- Appreciate how valuable consumer reviews are online
- Value their relationships with brands
- Biggest motivation is to be seen as a good resource by the brand
- 2x as likely to be driven by the need to contribute to the pool of information
- 150% more likely to value their perception as a good resource of information
- 70% more likely to be seen as a good source of information by people around them
Communicate Frequently to Relax
Web Users 16%
Contact Us Today to learn how Graph Marketing can help your business engage your customers in meaningful ways that produce real results.